Tuesday, December 30, 2008

The Cleaning Continues, Kind of...

I was running around the barn looking for an orange popsicle for Nanny while she was out in the field on the tractor talking to the neighbor...or at least that is what I was doing before I woke up this morning. I am always busy in my dreams; it apparently carries over into my conscious state as well. 

I had grand intentions of clearing out the spare bedroom which is the current holding place for all the leftover Christmas wrap, bows, boxes, and who knows what else. Since it is across the hall from Robert's room, it is also his drop spot for anything he doesn't want in his room but doesn't necessarily want to toss. The guest room has turned into a holding pen. You would think this would defeat the purpose of it being a guest room, but apparently we have fearless friends as they all have emerged alive and unscathed to date.

Good intentions are just that intentions, they don't necessarily become reality. After spending the morning sorting and paying bills and checking on a much needed furniture delivery tomorrow, Robert decided to put together his DVD stand in the living room since the guest room wasn't an option. Consider the fact that I have a penchant for very large furniture; therefore, there is not a lot of free floor space in the living room. We spent an amusing hour climbing over furniture while watching Home Improvement (Tim the Toolman Taylor - how ironic), constructing, and cooking tacos for lunch. 

By this time Mama checked in and gave an update on the new handheld phone situation - all was well until I asked if Pop wanted a spare bookcase and she proceeded to holler through the house to ask him, then put the phone down to go find him...??? When she returned out of breath I asked why she hadn't called on the portable phone and she replied, "oh, we don't want to run the batteries down on them." I love my parents! 

Needless to say, the guest room never did get cleared out today - I'll think about that tomorrow. I did manage to make two batches of peanut butter cups while watching American Gangster tonight. No orange popsicles but I am rather curious of what the combination of peanut butter, chocolate, murder, and drugs will do to influence my dreams tonight.

Until tomorrow,
Robin Sue






No comments:

Post a Comment